ROLLIX slewing rings are generally equipped with protecting seals on both sides of the raceway.
These seals have the function of :
• protecting raceways against small sized contaminating agents,
• retaining the lubricant in the raceway.
For specific requirements, ROLLIX designs suitable protective devices, such as
• standard and specific seals
• lip seals
• combination of two or more seals
SEAL RANGE TABLE
- 30° C + 70°C
0< - 30° C;
+ 70°C<0< 200°C
Various physical or
chemical aggressive agents
modified or others
For severe application conditions and in order to limit the effects of aggressive agents such as :
• swarf and metal chips
• welding grains
• water and heavy sea splashes
• cutting fluids...
Rollix strongly recommends to install effective protective shields. Furthermore, during cleaning with solvents or pressurised water, it is advisable to avoid working in the protective device area.
If, during regreasing, large grease discharges are noticed, it is advisable to check :
• that seal is still correctly positionned,
• that seal is not damaged (cut, torn, worn),
• that seals are still capable for proper bearing operation.
Therefore, this steal can either be reinstalled or replaced.
PROTECTIVE SURFACE COATING
For particular applications, ROLLIX suggests a protective surface treatment, such as :
1 Zinc plating (+ chromate coating)
2 Phosphate coating
3 Chemical nickel plating
5 to 9 For Miscellaneous treatments, for example, chrome plating, Schoop's metal spraying process, anodic oxidization, etc.